Saturday, October 18, 2008

Heavy rains wash away river crossing


The river crossing which allows residents and commuters to have easy access across the Delcer river was washed away as the river overflowed its banks due to heavy rains caused by the effects of hurricane Omar.


The crossway provides a shortened route for Delcer,La Pointe and surrounding communities to travel to Soufriere and back. Now commuters have to take an alternative route which is alot further. This may impact on transportation fees.


Also during the weekend there were many small landslides all over the communities. The real big one occurred in Daban where the community was completely shut off from other areas. You could not get in or get out. A quick response from the Vieux fort branch of the Ministry of Communication and Works cleared the landslide in a little over two hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My family members all the time say that I am wasting my time here
at net, except I know I am getting knowledge everyday by reading thes pleasant articles or reviews.
My web site > chase your dreams