Thursday, December 25, 2014

CHRISTMAS MESSAGE: HON LORNE THEOPHILUS

I can hardly believe that another has gone by and that this is the fourth time that I have had the honor of addressing you in my capacity as Parliamentary Representative for Choiseul and Saltibus and the Minister for Tourism Heritage and Creative Industries
The Christmas Season for me means many things
It is a time for introspection and at times solemn reflection on the past year, and with it the various triumphs and attendant challenges. I feel comforted that despite the odds I managed with the help of my family, and committed staff at my ministries and loyal constituents to meet most of my objectives this year.
Christmas is also a time when we reconnect with family, and loved ones, mend wounds of the past and cultivate a positive outlook for the coming year. It is also a time when we revitalize our spirituality as we ponder on the birth of our Lord and Saviour for his sacrifices for each of us.
I look forward to the days that I will spend with my constituents, family and friends and hope that I can bring nothing but cheer and good will during these times and our interactions in the future. Whilst we celebrate this season, let us also take time to remember those who lost their lives during 2014, those who are sick, and those who may be less fortunate than ourselves.
I extend the warmest Christmas greetings to our Hon. Prime Minister and my Cabinet colleagues, to the entire community of Choiseul and Saltibus and to my staff at the Ministry of Tourism, Heritage & Creative Industries, the Saint Lucia Tourist Board, The Cultural Development Foundation and the Folk Research Center
I wish to thank you at this time for your motivation, support, and at times tolerance in dealing with me as I pursue this public mandate.
Merry Christmas and a Happy 2015!

No comments: