Monday, August 30, 2021

There are a lot of things I don't know and never will

I'm vaccinated against covid19 and, no, I don't know what's in it. I don't know what's in this vaccine, or the ones I had as a child, or in the other medical treatments for cancer, AIDS or polyarthritis. I trust the scientists, the medical experts and I trust my God unequivocally, in all times and situations.

I also don't know what's in Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or other meds; they just cure my headaches and my pains.

I don't know what's in the ink for tattoos, the oils for vaping, or every ingredient in my soap or shampoo or even deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect(s) of cell phone use or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and clean hands.

There are a lot of things I don't know and never will. I just know one thing: life is short, very short, and I still want to do something other than just going to work every day or staying locked up in my home. I still want to travel and hug people without fear, and to find a little feeling of life "before".

As a child and as an adult I've been vaccinated for mumps, measles, rubella, polio, chicken pox, and quite a few others; my parents and I trusted the science and never had to suffer through or transmit any of said diseases.

...Just saying!

You are not vaccinated; I RESPECT your choice.

I am vaccinated; RESPECT my choice.

I'm vaccinated, not to please the government but:

* To not die from Covid-19

* To NOT clutter a hospital bed if I get sick

* To hug my loved ones

* To not have to do PCR or antigenic tests to go out dancing, go to a restaurant, go on holidays and many more things to come...

* To live my life

* To have my kids/grandkids go back to school and play sports

* For Covid-19 to be an old memory

* To protect us.


No comments: