Friday, January 08, 2016

Student Faced Near Death Incident At Secondary School.

The switch that almost killed Danzella
A harrowing experience by a fourth form student at the Choiseul Secondary School has left traces of electrical current still running through her body, This is what a medical doctor, who examined Danzella Joseph, the  student who came into contact with a live exposed electrical wire at the Choiseul Secondary School reported. 
Danzy, as she is affectionately called, after she came into contact with the live exposed wires, was taken to hospital - St Jude's, in a private vehicle, (why not an ambulance?) treated and discharged. Later after complaining with severe pains she had to be taken to a private doctor. Can you believe this? LIVE EXPOSED ELECTRICAL WIRES AT A SCHOOL OF OVER 500 STUDENTS! Has safety/security gone down the drain at this school?
This is not surprising, since this school or rather that block has been pronounced unstable since  an earthquake shook it considerably. What is even more disturbing is that the principal, Mr Augier don't seem to have a clue as to what is happening at this school - ask the teachers and you will be surprised at what they tell you. This school has been at its lowest ebb since the appointment of this principal. Do your research.
Lewis, Pierre and Augier - The responsible authorities
Fault must also be laid at the foot of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Ministry of Education for, after being notified of the instability of this building  continue to place the lives of our children at risk. Shame! Shame! Shame on them!
I spoke with Danzella Joseph and this is her story: “We were next to the door having a conversation. Then I was trying to head outside. While  going out I placed my hands on the wall not knowing that there was and open wire switch next to me ... The switch sparked…. whilst I was getting shocked, I wasn't thinking at that time. When I realize this was going on I screamed and pulled myself back and ran toward the other door and fell on my knees.
Danzella Joseph
Well, all they {School authorities} did was bring me to the health center and the health center sent me to St.Jude's. They brought me back to the office were they sent me on a teachers car to transport me to S.Jude's  ( NOT via an Ambulance ). When I arrived at St.Jude's they put me to sit as an ordinary patient waiting. After wards all they did was an EKG and discharge me with medication no blood test, nothing..... Well my mother is not pleased with it…. she went to the school to see what was going on.
The principal stated that he wasn't aware of the broken switch in the classroom, but he had already got it fixed  as the school term was coming…… when this was a lie. The switch has been broken a month since school close for Christmas.
 My mom isn't accepting that St.Jude's didn't do much for me, so she's taking me to a private doctor. The school gave her the insurance paper and sent her off. I visited the doctor yesterday where I had to do multiple test at Tapion "Blood Test ,CBC, kidney and liver test etc."  He also said that it may not affect me now but later on in life it might.  So right now I have to go back to the doctor."
A wing of the Choiseul Secondary
 When contacted by telephone, the school's principal, Mr Augier, who's negligence almost cost a student her life, remarked, "I have nothing to say. Contact the chief." Who is the chief I asked? "The Chief Education Officer" he rudely responded and hung up.
Mr Augier must realize that he is answerable to the parents and by extension, the general public who pays for his salary. He has nothing to say he says, when in fact it is due to his negligence and oversight that this student  was exposed to this hazard in a classroom. The child's parents should really make him have his day in court so he can tell the judge, "I have nothing to say, ask the chief"

Sad day for Choiseul Secondary.

No comments: